SAN FRANCISCO, Calif. (KRON) — A California author has written two children’s books to help little ones cope with death.
The first book is called “Trevor and Me” and is based off of a true story.
It’s about a friendship that develops between an elderly white man in deteriorating health and a young Asian girl.
The second book is called “The Last Meal.”
It is about four fictional death row inmates who happen to be birds.
Author Yuno Imai says the books are timely because of the families that are now coping with death during the pandemic.
She says she wrote the books because her own mother didn’t want to talk about the subject.
She tells KRON4 she has already been hearing from people who are currently dealing with death.
Imai says her books can help children be less afraid as they face the death of loved ones.
- California loosens restrictions as new COVID-19 guidance issued
- Search continues for hit-and-run driver who ran over 24-year-old woman at Oakland protest
- March held for 22-year-old man shot, killed by Vallejo police officer
- San Francisco school introduces new athletic program for girls
- Cannabis industry still recovering after hit hard by looters