SAN FRANCISCO, Calif. (KRON) — A California author has written two children’s books to help little ones cope with death.
The first book is called “Trevor and Me” and is based off of a true story.
It’s about a friendship that develops between an elderly white man in deteriorating health and a young Asian girl.
The second book is called “The Last Meal.”
It is about four fictional death row inmates who happen to be birds.
Author Yuno Imai says the books are timely because of the families that are now coping with death during the pandemic.
She says she wrote the books because her own mother didn’t want to talk about the subject.
She tells KRON4 she has already been hearing from people who are currently dealing with death.
Imai says her books can help children be less afraid as they face the death of loved ones.
- At home with Beethoven’s Second Symphony virtual concert
- San Pablo man arrested, suspected of hitting firefighter with car
- Inside the Bullpen – Oct. 24
- Political analyst discusses lessons learned from 2016 election
- Suspect wounded in San Leandro officer-involved shooting