Michael Manning who Chico police say faked his own death to avoid jail for child sexual assault and pornography has been arrested in Monroe County, Florida.
Chico police say that Manning had a hearing scheduled on October 6, 2016, to be sentenced on child sexual abuse, child pornography and other charges but he didn’t show up.
Chico police say a suicide note in Manning’s handwriting was found in a car he rented that was left near Golden Gate Bridge but his body was not found.
Deputies in Florida arrested him May 3 after he identified himself with a fake U.S. passport and U.S. Navy identification card during a burglary investigation.
For live, local news, download the KRONon app. It lets you watch commercial-free the Bay Area’s Local News Station on multiple streaming devices.
- WHY UBER AND LYFT DRIVERS ARE GOING ON STRIKE
- MAN ARRESTED IN RICHMOND FOR ASSAULTING WOMAN
- VIDEO: PRINCE HARRY, MEGHAN MARKLE INTRODUCE BABY BOY
- SAN FRANCISCO BANS CASHLESS STORES
- ILLEGAL DUMPING ON THE RISE IN SAN JOSE