MEXICO CITY (AP) – Civil defense officials in northern Mexico have confirmed the death of California mountain climber Brad Gobright in a fall.
The fall occurred at an almost sheer rock face known as Sendero Luminoso on the El Potrero Chico peak near the northern city of Monterrey.
The Nuevo Leon state civil defense office said Thursday that Gobright fell about 300 meters (yards).
The publication Rock and Ice described the 31-year-old Gobright as a native of Orange County, California, who was “one of the most accomplished free solo climbers in the world.”
- Massive summer travel demand drives skyrocketing costs
- Passenger dies during Alaska Airlines flight from Seattle to Nashville
- Doubt about spam accounts could scuttle Twitter deal, Musk says
- Contra Costa College district extends mask requirement
- By mail, vote center or in-person: How to vote in the California primary election