The latest on unidentified man found in a ditch (Jan. 23, 11 a.m.): The injured man has been identified by authorities, according to Jackson Fire Department.
Authorities are working to reunite the man with his family.
PINE GROVE, Calif. (KTXL) — Jackson police need the public’s help identifying an injured man who was found in a ditch Wednesday and does not know who he is.
A photo of the unidentified man provided by the Jackson Fire Department.
Around 4:20 p.m., a man with a head injury was discovered in a ditch in the area of Highway 88 and French Gulch Road in Pine Grove, according to the Jackson Fire Department.
Authorities say the man did not know who he was or how he got hurt. All he had was $30 in cash and no identifying items.
He was taken to Sutter Amador Hospital, where he told police they could take his photo and post about the incident.
Now, police want anyone with information about the man to call Jackson Police Sgt. Arevalos at 209-223-1771.
Jackson is located about an hour southeast of Sacramento.
- Tom Hanks, Rita Wilson return home after coronavirus diagnosis
- See’s Candies suspends production amid coronavirus outbreak
- Civil rights leader, MLK aide Joseph Lowery dies at 98
- SF-Marin Food Bank opens first drive-thru food pantry
- California governor commutes sentences, including for murder