California ranked first as the state with the worst air pollution in the entire country.
Seven California cities are among the top 10 in the country when it comes to smog and air pollution.
San Francisco ranked No. 8 on that list, according to the American Lung Association’s annual “State of the Air” report, which covers the years 2015-2017.
Other California cities on the list included Los Angeles, which was the worst city in the country, as well as Visalia, Bakersfield, Fresno, Sacramento, and San Diego.
Experts say part of the reason for the bad air in California is the increase in population and the recent wildfires.
For live, local news, download the KRONon app. It lets you watch commercial-free the Bay Area’s Local News Station on multiple streaming devices.
- WATCH: GIRL HIDES TO AVOID CAR FOLLOWING HER IN VACAVILLE
- DIRT BIKE RIDERS CAUGHT SPEEDING IN OAKLAND
- IT’S LEGAL FOR MEAT TO HAVE TRACE AMOUNTS OF FECAL MATTER
- SF HOME TO HIGHEST AVERAGE GAS PRICE IN US
- TARGET LAUNCHES CAR SEAT TRADE-IN EVENT