(CNN) – California said it has 1,544 new coronavirus cases – the highest number recorded in a single day since the beginning of the outbreak.
These additional cases bring the total in California to 23,338.
More than 11% of those patients are health care workers, according to new data from California Department of Public Health.
At least 758 people have died in California due to coronavirus.
- Rally held to denounce recent hate crimes against Bay Area Asian community
- Justice Dept. to appeal judge’s order on eviction moratorium
- Health worker: Rite Aid throws away extra COVID-19 vaccines
- 2 injured following DUI hit-and-run collision in Marin County
- California doctor performs surgery while appearing in court video call