SAN FRANCISCO (KRON) – California’s gas tax goes up again this week.
The Los Angeles Times reports the gas tax will rise Wednesday, July 1 by 3.2 cents, making the new tax now 50.5 cents a gallon.
The tax is the result of Senate Bill 1, which was passed in 2017. SB-1 automatically boosts the gas tax in line with increases in the consumer price index.
The gas tax is projected to bring in about $7 billion this fiscal year to pay for maintenance and repairs.
- Christopher Columbus statue vandalized, beheaded on 4th of July
- Police: 2 women hit by car on Seattle highway amid protest
- Another San Quentin inmate dies from complications of COVID-19
- Joey Chestnut and Miki Sudo crush the hot dog contest — again
- Alcohol, drugs appear to be factor in fatal Woodside crash Friday night, authorities say