SAN FRANCISCO (KRON) – Starting Wednesday, July 1, California’s gas tax is going to be a little pricer.
The gas tax is now up a little more than 3 cents, bringing the total to over 50 cents a gallon.
The tax is the result of Senate Bill 1, which passed in 2017.
The gas tax is projected to bring in about $7 billion to pay for maintenance and repairs.
- With new California border crossing in the works, connecting highway also takes shape
- Parts of Meadowood Resort destroyed in Glass Fire
- 3 earthquakes recorded near San Jose within an hour
- What time is the debate? What to know before Trump and Biden take the stage
- Senior living community in Oakmont saved from Glass Fire