Butte County sheriff says the wildfire death toll is now at 88 after human remains were determined to belong to more than 1 body.
Three more bodies have been recovered, deputies announced Monday.
Butte County Sheriff Kory Honea said Monday that 203 names remain on the list of those unaccounted for after the Camp Fire swept through the rural area 140 miles north of San Francisco.
The blaze that ignited Nov. 8 destroyed more than 13,000 homes.
Officials said the blaze was fully contained Sunday.
Stay with KRON4 for updates on this breaking news story on-air, online, and on the KRON4 app.
- RAINY WEEK AHEAD FOR THE BAY AREA
- 1-YEAR-OLD DIES AFTER BEING STRUCK BY CAR IN RICHMOND
- LONGTIME SAN FRANCISCO RADIO HOST RAY TALIAFERRO MISSING
- MODESTO MAN BURYING PET IN BACKYARD FIND HUMAN REMAINS
- MAN JAILED AFTER RAPE OVERHEARD ON PLAYSTATION4