CENTRAL VALLEY (KRON) – A winter storm is expected to hit the Central Valley late Tuesday into Wednesday during one of the busiest travel periods of the year.
Because many people may be traveling due to the Thanksgiving holiday, authorities are warning anyone driving down the Grapevine to be prepared for a possible closure due to snow.
CHP Fort Tejon – Grapevine released the following maps advising of alternate travel routes if I-5 must be shut down due to safety concerns.
A Freeze Warning is expected to take effect as early as Tuesday at 2 a.m. for Merced, Madera, Fresno and Tulare Counties.
For updates on the latest traffic conditions, visit the KRON4 Traffic Center.
For the latest on weather and rain, visit the KRON4 Weather Center.
Latest News Headlines:
- Homicide suspect shot by Antioch police, taken to hospital
- Biden says ‘not much time’ to keep aid flowing to Ukraine and Congress must ‘stop the games’
- Video shows thieves ransacking Nike store in Southern California
- More than 75,000 workers prep for possibility of largest health care strike in US history
- Tim Wakefield, former Red Sox pitcher, dies at 57