KINGS CANYON NATIONAL PARK (KSEE) — The California Highway Patrol had to bring in a helicopter to rescue a hiker from a river in Kings Canyon National Park on Friday.
Dan McGinn, who’s from Canada, got swept downstream while swimming in the South Fork of the Kings River, CHP said.
The area is known as Woods Creek.
CHP says he was trapped between rushing water and a steep granite wall.
McGuinn was taken to a nearby meadow where he was reunited with his group of hikers.
- TENANT KIDNAPS 70-YEAR-OLD LANDLORD AFTER DISPUTE IN OAKLAND
- WOMAN KILLED IN CRASH AFTER TREE FALLS ON DANVILLE FREEWAY
- MEXICAN DRUG CARTEL LEADER ‘LA BARBIE’ GETS NEARLY 50 YEARS
- TEENAGER WARNS OTHERS AFTER BABY BROTHER DIES IN HOT CAR
- MAN SUES CVS FOR TELLING HIS WIFE ABOUT VIAGRA PRESCRIPTION