These pictures tell much more than a thousand words.
In the photos you see Erica Alfaro and her parents.
Earlier this month, the 29-year-old Alfaro received her master’s degree in education from San Diego State University.
Alfaro credits her farm-working parents for inspiring her to get a degree.
She wanted to honor them with these graduation pictures, taken in the fruit fields where her mother still works.
In the photos you can see her standing in her graduation cap and gown with her parents in work clothes, in the middle of the fields.
The photos have since gone viral.
Alfaro dropped out of school after getting pregnant at the age of 15.
Two years later, she enrolled in a homeschool program and kept on going.
Besides her master’s degree, Alfaro also has a psychology degree from San Diego State.
She says she wants to be a school counselor.
For live, local news, download the KRONon app. It lets you watch commercial-free the Bay Area’s Local News Station on multiple streaming devices.
- WOMAN SENTENCED TO 17 YEARS FOR RAPE OF 5-MONTH-OLD GIRL
- BILL GIVING CALIFORNIA WORKERS FULL PAY FOR FAMILY LEAVE ADVANCES
- MISSING MAUI HIKER FOUND ALIVE AFTER 16 DAYS IN FOREST
- SMALL TREMORS ALONG WEST COAST COULD LEAD TO ‘BIG ONE’
- VICTIM KILLED IN HAWAII SHARK ATTACK WAS FROM GRANITE BAY