The Placer County Sheriff’s Office said Dry Creek Road was closed between Black Oak and Haines roads.
It was not immediately known what led to the crash. FAA spokesman Ian Gregor said the plane was a Stinson Vultee V-77.
This is a developing story.
LATEST NEWS HEADLINES:
- Nine dead in Turkey as 5.7 earthquake strikes western Iran
- Woman killed in San Francisco landslide remember 1 year later
- Oprah stops in San Francisco to talk wellness on 2020 Vision tour
- New Orleans agency: 1 person killed after struck by Mardi Gras float
- Hercules man still missing more than a week after disappearance