From Monday, August 17th through Wednesday, August 19th, DMV offices will close from 3 pm until 5 pm each day.
A statewide Flex Alert has been issued in California, which urges consumers to conserve energy during extremely hot weather, according to the California Independent System Operator (ISO).
Customers can show up to the DMV before 2:30 pm with or without an appointment, but there is no guarantee as safety is the main priority, according to DMV.
“We know that Californians depend on us for service and apologize for any inconvenience. We will do our best to reschedule customers as soon as possible,” said DMV Director Steve Gordon.
DMV encourages customers to use their website, which is available 24/7, for online services instead of showing up for an office visit.
- Black Army Lt. sues Virginia police officers for pepper-spraying, threatening him at traffic stop
- Contra Costa County 16+ residents now eligible for vaccines at Oakland Coliseum
- 3 children fatally stabbed in Los Angeles; search for killer underway
- Chip and Joanna Gaines buy historic building for Magnolia Headquarters
- A year after COVID-19 superspreader, family finds closure