SACRAMENTO (KRON) – Snow for the last weekend of September in the Sierra?
Looks like it’s a yes!
According to the National Weather Service Sacramento, an early-season winter storm will bring mountain snow to hgiher elevations of the Northern Sierra and the Southern Cascade Range Saturday into early Monday.
This weekend’s storm is forecast to bring anywhere between 3 to 6 inches of snow at pass levels during that time.
Officials said if you plan on traveling to the area, be prepared for winter driving conditions, including slick roads and reduced visibility.
Here are some of the snow projection totals:
- South Lake Tahoe: 1-2″
- Echo Pass: 3-4″
- Truckee: 1-2″
- Donner Pass: 4-6″
Make sure to allow for extra travel time and slow down.
Be prepared before you go and check road conditions before you head out.
Latest News Headlines:
- Rising from sick beds, COVID medics head back to front lines
- New learning program helps parents, students with new norm of classwork at home
- Contra Costa County man shops, delivers groceries to neighbors to assist with crisis
- Santa Rosa police warn enforcement action if people don’t follow stay-at-home orders
- Antioch students receive laptops, lunches during coronavirus pandemic