ORO GRANDE, Calif. (AP) – Authorities say a 5-year-old Southern California boy has died after he was attacked by the family dog.
The San Bernardino County Sheriff’s Department says the boy was attacked by his family’s pit bull Monday afternoon at a home in Oro Grande, a Mojave Desert community northeast of Los Angeles.
Paramedics were called but couldn’t save the boy.
The dog was seized by animal control officials and has been quarantined.
There’s no word on what sparked the attack.
- New virus has infected nearly 78,000 people globally
- Case of missing children tied to doomsday beliefs, 3 deaths
- Teachers open up about toxic chemical found at McClymonds High School in Oakland
- Officials propose turning Salvation Army into new homeless shelter in San Francisco
- Mother of 4-year-old boy killed in Richmond hit-and-run opens up for 1st time