POWAY, Calif. (AP) — The family of the suspect in the California synagogue shooting says they’re “shocked and deeply” saddened by the deadly attack.
In a statement released through a San Diego law firm, the family of John T. Earnest says he and his five siblings was raised in “a family, a faith, and a community that all rejected hate.”
The attack Saturday at Chabad of Poway killed one woman and wounded three others, including the synagogue’s rabbi.
The family says it is a “terrifying mystery” what attracted their son to “such darkness.”
For live, local news, download the KRONon app. It lets you watch commercial-free the Bay Area’s Local News Station on multiple streaming devices.
- WATCH: GIRL HIDES TO AVOID CAR FOLLOWING HER IN VACAVILLE
- DIRT BIKE RIDERS CAUGHT SPEEDING IN OAKLAND
- IT’S LEGAL FOR MEAT TO HAVE TRACE AMOUNTS OF FECAL MATTER
- SF HOME TO HIGHEST AVERAGE GAS PRICE IN US
- TARGET LAUNCHES CAR SEAT TRADE-IN EVENT