MENDOCINO COUNTY (KRON) — A fire burning in Mendocino County prompted officials to issue an evacuation order Sunday afternoon.
The 350-acre Burris Fire is burning off Potter Valley Road and Highway 20, east of Calpella.
The Mendocino County Sheriff’s Office issued an evacuation order for all residences on Highway 20 to Blue Lakes.
The area of Redemeyer Road and Deerwood Road is under an evacuation warning, meaning those residents should be prepared to leave.
Residents are being told to evacuate towards Highway 101 and continue north on Hwy 101.
The Sheriff’s Office says the only direction of travel will be west on Highway 20 and north on Hwy 101.
Check back for updates
- Must-watch interview: Marshawn Lynch, Dr. Fauci discuss COVID vaccine hesitancy
- H Mart’s first San Francisco location reveals grand opening date
- White House COVID-19 Response Team announces additional funding to fight COVID-19 variants
- Two women tried to spend $1 million bill at Dollar General store
- Officer dislocates shoulder of woman with dementia after she ‘forgets’ to pay $14 for groceries: lawsuit