SAN FRANCISCO (AP) – A firefighter has been killed and another injured battling a wildfire in a Northern California forest.
The U.S. Forest Service says it happened Monday in Mendocino National Forest north of San Francisco, where a wildfire that started on Aug. 17 was 20% contained.
No other details were immediately available.
The blaze began as 37 separate fires but many have either been contained or merged. California wildfires have now claimed at least eight lives.
Many continue to burn. The two largest fires, east and north of San Francisco Bay, are each about 65% surrounded.
- Woman passes note to cashier, she fears man she’s shopping with
- Eating highly processed foods for a month can lead to memory loss
- 1 dead & 7 injured amid another campus shooting at Grambling State, Homecoming events canceled
- Southwest Airlines offering ‘goodwill’ gesture to customers affected by cancellations
- Power knocked out across Bay Area due to rain