As a heat wave moves through California, many households have turned to blasting their air conditioning and using fans.
This has led to the California Independent System Operator Corporation issuing a statewide Flex Alert.
The Flex Alert calls for voluntary conservation of electricity from 4 p.m. to 10 p.m. on Tuesday.
The ISO asks consumers to avoid using power in the afternoon hours by following these tips:
- Set thermostat at 78° or higher and turn off, if away
- Cool with fans and draw drapes
- Turn off unnecessary lights and appliances
- Use major appliances in morning or late evening
Learn more: http://www.flexalert.org (Available in Spanish and Vietnamese)
For live, local news, download the KRONon app. It lets you watch commercial-free news from the Bay Area’s Local News Station on multiple streaming devices.
- KEVIN DURANT’S POST-GAME 5 MESSAGE AFTER INJURY
- DRUG LORD HIRED COPS TO SHOOT DAVID ORTIZ OVER ALLEGED AFFAIR
- US TOURIST DEATH COUNT AT DOMINICAN REPUBLIC RESORTS RISES
- HIGH-SPEED CHASE ENDS IN MILLION-DOLLAR DRUG BUST
- FINAL SEAT INSTALLED AT CHASE CENTER IN SF