SACRAMENTO, Calif. (AP) – Arnold Schwarzenegger and three other former California governors have joined Gov. Gavin Newsom in a video campaign promoting use of face coverings to prevent spread of COVID-19.
The public service announcement released Monday also features Jerry Brown, Gray Davis and Pete Wilson.
The message is that nobody wants to wear masks but COVID-19 is still spreading and halting it is important to keeping people safe, reopening businesses and putting people back to work.
The video follows Newsom’s recent order requiring Californians to wear masks in high-risk settings.
Schwarzenegger tells viewers wearing a mask is not about being weak and they should “just do it.”
- Mexico’s use of soldiers to stem migrant flow to U.S. will lead to abuse, experts say
- Carole Baskin offers $5,000 reward for missing tiger in Houston
- Fully vaccinated Bill Maher tests positive for COVID-19
- Migrants face ‘chain of lies’ on border journey often ending in deportation
- Woman’s $26M lotto ticket destroyed in laundry: What happens now