LONG BEACH, Calif. (AP) – A former police records clerk who secretly took videos of 69 co-workers in men’s bathrooms at the Long Beach Police Department has been sentenced to six years in jail.
The Long Beach Press-Telegram says Sergio Nieto of Downey was sentenced Friday after pleading no contest to dozens of misdemeanor counts of invasion of privacy.
Authorities say the 29-year-old Downey man made hundreds of videos in several Police Department bathrooms over a two-year span.
He was arrested last year after he was seen filming in a bathroom.
Prosecutor Kay Watson says many victims felt embarrassed and some were traumatized and needed counseling.
In addition to jail time, Nieto must complete at least a year of sex compulsion counseling and must stay away from police headquarters and substations.
- Two killed in chain-reaction crash on I-80 in Hercules
- ‘I voted for a guy named Trump’: President casts ballot in Florida
- AMBER Alert issued for 2 girls abducted after 2 boys found dead in Kansas
- California man arrested in attacks on homeless people
- Raiders activate 4 offensive lineman from COVID-19 list