SAN FRANCISCO (KRON) – Get the bait ready!
Free Fishing Day is Aug. 31 in California.
According to the California Department of Fish and Wildlife, this is the only day left in the year you can fish without a sport fishing license.
The other free fishing day was held on July 6 this year.
All fishing regulations, such as bag and size limits, gear restrictions, report card requirements, fishing hours and stream closures remain in effect.
Officials said anglers who also plan on fishing for steelhead, sturgeon, or salmon in the Smith and Klamath-Trinity River Systems must have the appropriate report card.
You can check out an interactive map of fishing locations by clicking here.
Latest News Headlines:
- Novato Police: Missing 11-year-old found safe
- Take the confusion out of food labels
- Palo Alto couple missing since Valentine’s Day found alive
- Woman believes cold case suspect abducted her in 1989
- Search for missing Palo Alto couple now recovery mission