SACRAMENTO, Calif. (KRON) — Governor Gavin Newsom issued an executive order on Friday to permit vote-by-mail procedures for upcoming elections amid the coronavirus pandemic.
In an effort to slow the spread of COVID-19 and to protect public health, the order will allow residents to vote by mail in three upcoming special elections.
The order also extends the deadlines for ballot counting, tabulation and other responsibilities related to California’s Presidential Primary.
Latest News Headlines:
- DA seeking Trump’s taxes cites reports of ‘protracted criminal conduct’ at Trump Organization
- More than half of American adults have experienced a loss of income because of COVID-19
- Pres. Trump to hold Monday briefing
- Waves glowing in the dark at Santa Cruz County beach
- VIDEO: Jon Gruden’s surprise virtual visit to Allegiant Stadium