Last week, Newsom said the nearly 400 known fires burning statewide were sparked by a lightning siege last weekend.
The following day, Newsom declared a state of emergency to aid in wildfire protections and efforts.
- Obama, Bush, Clinton volunteer to receive coronavirus vaccine on camera
- 11-year-old dies after apparently shooting himself during online class
- NASA: Mystery object is 54-year-old rocket, not asteroid
- COVID vaccine to be distributed to nursing homes
- Pacifica business plans to defy orders if outdoor dining is banned