Sen. Dianne Feinstein is calling for all Boeing 737 Max 8 jets to be grounded in the United States, as they have been in a number of other countries following the plane crash in Ethiopia that killed all 157 people on board.
This is the same type of jet that crashed late last year, killing 189 people near Indonesia.
As a growing number of airlines ground the Boeing jet, the FAA is still allowing them to fly.
However, the organization is ordering the company to make flight control system enhancements to both models in the next few weeks.
Some federal lawmakers want the FAA to ground the planes until the investigation is complete, while travelers are split on the decision.
U.S. authorities want the changes made to the flight control system on both models by April.
For live, local news, download the KRONon app. It lets you watch commercial-free the Bay Area’s Local News Station on multiple streaming devices.
- TWO SHOT IN SANTA ROSA MALL PARKING LOT
- EX-OAKLAND A’S STAR ACCUSES A-ROD OF CHEATING ON J.LO
- VACAVILLE POLICE IDENTIFY ‘JANE DOE’ IN 1991 COLD CASE
- MOM ARRESTED AFTER PULLING UP TO HOSPITAL WITH DEAD DAUGHTER
- SCIENTISTS ENCOUNTER POSSIBLE NEW SPECIES OF KILLER WHALE