SAN FRANCISCO (KRON) – Governor Gavin Newsom on Wednesday told gym and fitness industry leaders that new guidelines on reopening gyms and fitness centers in California could be coming soon.
When asked about a specific timeline, the governor said the guidelines could be out “in about a week or so.”
He added that he isn’t ready to have gym reopen as soon as next week.
On Tuesday Gov. Newsom announced the state will allow hair salons and barbershops could reopen with guidelines.
- California virus deaths top 7,000 as case numbers climb too
- Walt Disney World reopens as coronavirus cases surge in Florida
- Trump says executive order will include DACA recipients
- Some coronavirus restrictions reimposed in Sonoma County after cases spike
- Anti-racism rally held after BLM mural painted over in Martinez