SANTA CLARITA (KRON) — Drivers on a Southern California freeway are stranded in a major backup Monday afternoon after a tanker truck spilled hydrogen peroxide on Interstate 5.
The California Highway Patrol has issued a sigalert for the freeway near northbound I-5 at Upper Crossover, just north of Santa Clarita.
Several lanes remain closed as the CHP and fire crews respond to the area.
For live, local news, download the KRONon app. It lets you watch commercial-free the Bay Area’s Local News Station on multiple streaming devices.
- WOMAN SENTENCED TO 17 YEARS FOR RAPE OF 5-MONTH-OLD GIRL
- BILL GIVING CALIFORNIA WORKERS FULL PAY FOR FAMILY LEAVE ADVANCES
- MISSING MAUI HIKER FOUND ALIVE AFTER 16 DAYS IN FOREST
- SMALL TREMORS ALONG WEST COAST COULD LEAD TO ‘BIG ONE’
- VICTIM KILLED IN HAWAII SHARK ATTACK WAS FROM GRANITE BAY