SAN JOAQUIN COUNTY, Calif. (KTXL) — Two elderly San Joaquin County residents have died from complications of COVID-19.
The county’s first deaths related to the new coronavirus were announced Wednesday.
Public Health Services officials say both residents had underlying health conditions.
One resident appears to have contracted the disease while traveling. The other was reported as a community transmission case.
The county now has 14 confirmed cases of the deadly virus. Its Public Health Services Laboratory is able to analyze up to 60 tests per day and health care providers are taking samples from only the highest risk patients.
- Early vote total exceeds 2016; GOP chips at Dems’ advantage
- MAP: Power outages strike thousands in Bay Area
- Officer suspended for blaring ‘Trump 2020’ from NYPD vehicle
- Dash cam captures smash and grab near SF’s Lombard Street
- Dangerous winds threaten outages for nearly 90,000 Bay Area customers