Planning to head up the mountain for your Memorial Day Weekend?
Well, be aware that temperatures may not be as warm as tourists are used to for the holiday.
Snow fell in the mountains this past weekend — It’s not much and was mixed with a little rain, but still something to prepare for.
CHP Officer in Truckee Pete Mann said that chains were required on Tuesday morning due to messy road conditions.
Over the last 24 hours, National Weather Service recorded five-inches at Squaw and Alpine, while Truckee only got about an inch.
It is not expected to snow for the three day weekend, but rain showers are a possibility.
Officer Mann said there are a few things to be ready for this weekend:
- Standing water in neighborhoods and stretches of highways
- Temperatures will be colder than usual
Take your time heading over the mountain and be prepared for anything.
For live, local news, download the KRONon app. It lets you watch commercial-free the Bay Area’s Local News Station on multiple streaming devices.
- 3 OAKLAND GANGS FORM ‘SUPER CELL’; 16 ARREST IN RAID
- MISSING PREGNANT TEEN KILLED, BABY CUT FROM WOMB
- 2ND GRADER THREATENS CHILD WITH GUN AT VALLEJO SCHOOL
- CALIFORNIA’S HIGH SPEED RAIL IN JEOPARDY
- OFFICIALS WARN OF ‘ZOMBIE RACCOONS’ AFTER REPORTED SIGHTINGS