LAKE TAHOE (KRON) — Part of Highway 50 is set to be closed for up to two weeks in October, according to CalTrans.
A mile-long stretch of the highway will be closed beginning Oct. 18 due to construction.
The roadwork was reportedly initiated because of the wear-and-tear of the bridge over the years.
CalTrans is holding two public meetings to discuss further details with the community.
For a list of alternate routes around construction, click here.
For a look at live traffic conditions, click here.
- Trump’s support hits 6-month high in key battleground states
- Man drives 1,200 miles to reunite with missing dog in Tennessee shelter
- Road to recovery: Wine country after wildfires
- ‘Everything was on fire’: Witnesses describe plane crash in Alabama
- How Proposition 16 would impact California