CALIFORNIA (KRON) — Justice Martin Jenkins was nominated to the California Supreme Court on Monday. He would be the first openly gay Black man to serve in the position.
Jenkins, born and raised in the San Francisco Bay Area, received his law degree from the University of San Francisco School of Law in 1980 and practiced in the Bay Area in many positions. He was most recently an Associate Justice of the California Court of Appeal, First Appellate District, Division Three.
If confirmed, Jenkins will replace Justice Ming W. Chin, who retired two months ago.
- KRON4 Morning Buzz: Larussa re-hired to manage White Sox
- SF to pause reopening plans amid uptick in COVID-19 hospitalizations
- Targeted San Mateo homicide under investigation
- Suspect in Joker car arrested on gun, drug offenses
- Scott Peterson trial: Attorneys defend ‘rogue juror’ accused of lying