SAN FRANCISCO (KRON) — Find the latest information on the COVID-19 pandemic in California, including data on positive cases and other indicators, and information from local officials.
- 7-day positivity rate: 2.1%
- 14-day positivity rate: 2.5%
- 49,147,685 tests reported
- CA COVID-19 confirmed cases: 3,488,467
- CA COVID-19 hospitalizations: 4,449
- COVID-19 fatalities in CA: 53,048
Vaccines in California
- 9,673,787 vaccines administered
- Who can get vaccinated now:
– Phase 1A: Est. 3 million people
– Phase 1B: Est. 12 million people
The Western States Scientific Safety Review Workgroup completed its review of the federal process and concluded the Johnson & Johnson (Janssen) COVID-19 vaccine is safe and effective for use in the Western States. The Workgroup provided its confirmation to the Governors of California, Nevada, Oregon and Washington Tuesday evening, making the J&J vaccine the third COVID-19 vaccine supported for use in these states. Initial shipments of the vaccine were received this week.
- 40 counties in the Purple (widespread) Tier
- 16 counties in the Red (substantial) Tier
- 2 counties in Orange (moderate) Tier
Tiers are updated weekly on Tuesdays.
Gov. Gavin Newsom announced the New York COVID-19 variant has been detected in two cases in Southern California.
According to the California Department of Public Health, multiple variants of the virus that causes COVID-19 have been identified globally during the pandemic and these genetic mutations are expected.
You can learn more about the variants here.