FAIRFIELD, Calif. (KTXL) — Fairfield police said they arrested a man wanted on suspicion of vehicular manslaughter after he returned to the scene. Police identified him as 32-year-old Cirilo Martinez Tellez.
According to police, Tellez was driving near a residential area on Sunday when he fatally struck a 2-year-old child. The boy, who police say is the man’s nephew, was taken to a hospital but died from his injuries.
Police said it happened on West Texas Street near First Street and that Tellez had fled the scene around 2 p.m. Tellez returned to the scene four hours later and was arrested by police. According to investigators, alcohol may have been a factor.
Tellez was booked into the Solano County Jail on suspicion of vehicular manslaughter and felony hit-and-run.
- Dog receives award after saving his owner’s life
- Two killed in fiery Tesla crash without anyone in the driver’s seat
- NASA helicopter makes history-making first flight on Mars
- Oakland teen signs pro boxing contract with Mayweather Promotions
- Man killed in head-on collision by apparent drunk driver in Petaluma