(CNN) — One week after a 9-year-old girl’s body was found in a duffel bag, Los Angeles County officials have charged a man with murder.
Emiel Hunt, 39, was charged Tuesday in the death of Trinity Love Jones.
Trinity’s body was found March 5 in light brush near an equestrian trail in Hacienda Heights.
Authorities believe Hunt killed Trinity on or around March 1, the Los Angeles County district attorney’s office said.
Officials have not released a possible motive.
Hunt is reportedly the boyfriend of Trinity’s mother, according to the sheriff’s department.
Prosecutors are asking for Hunt’s bail to be set at $2 million.
If convicted of murder, Hunt could face up to life in prison.
This is a developing story.
For live, local news, download the KRONon app. It lets you watch commercial-free the Bay Area’s Local News Station on multiple streaming devices.
- COLLEGE CHEATING SCANDAL: ACTORS, STANFORD COACH CHARGED
- SUSPECT ARRESTED IN STABBING DEATH OF SAN JOSE MOTHER
- FACEBOOK SAYS SOME QUIZZES WERE GUISE TO HACK YOUR ACCOUNT
- TRUMP SAYS ‘AIRPLANES ARE BECOMING FAR TOO COMPLEX TO FLY’
- WATCH: HUNDREDS OF TACOS RAIN DOWN ON VISITORS IN TEXAS