A man riding an electric scooter has died after being struck by a car in Chula Vista.
Police Lt. Rusty Rea said the driver of the car stayed at the scene and was upset after the accident that happened around 4 a.m. Saturday.
Rea said investigators have not determined who was at fault and no charges are pending. He says the man who rode a Bird electric scooter has not been identified.
Meanwhile, police in San Diego said a woman crashed while riding a Bird electric scooter in the city’s Hillcrest neighborhood and suffered a life-threatening head injury.
Officer Robert Heims said the woman flipped and hit her head late Friday. She was taken to the hospital and her injury was considered life-threatening.
- FOR 1ST TIME IN 46 YEARS, CARNIVAL TO OFFER CRUISES FROM SF
- CEO POSTS GRAPHIC VIDEO OF VIOLENCE IN SF, PLEADS FOR MORE POLICE
- MYSTERIOUS LIGHT OVER BAY AREA WAS RARE CLOUD CREATED BY METEOR
- GOFUNDME TO BUILD TRUMP’S BORDER WALL GETS $3M IN TWO DAYS
- PEDIATRICIAN ADMITS TO SEXUALLY ASSAULTING 31 CHILDREN