ROCHESTER, N.Y. (AP) — A memorial service will be held for a New York man who was among three people killed by a gunman at California’s Gilroy Garlic Festival.
WHEC-TV reports that the memorial for 25-year-old Trevor Irby is happening Sunday at Keuka College in the Finger Lakes region.
Irby was a native of Romulus in Seneca County. He graduated in 2017 from Keuka College, where he majored in biology and was a multi-sport athlete.
The college announced the Trevor Irby ’17 Memorial Scholarship earlier this month to assist a student who emulates Irby’s compassion and positive energy.
Irby, a 13-year-old girl and a 6-year-old boy were killed when a 19-year-old opened fire at the Gilroy festival on July 28. The gunman then killed himself.
- 3-year-old accidentally shoots himself, dies during birthday party
- Bay Area schools closed for power outage
- East Bay regional parks & trails closed for extreme winds
- Early vote total exceeds 2016; GOP chips at Dems’ advantage
- MAP: Power outages strike thousands in Bay Area