PLACERVILLE (AP) – An 11-year-old Placerville boy who had been reported missing has been found dead, police said Sunday.
Roman Anthony Lopez was last seen Saturday morning at his home in Placerville.
“After an extensive search of the area, involving multiple agencies, Roman was found deceased,” the Placerville Police Department said.
The boy’s death is being investigated as suspicious, according to the department.
Authorities say officers found him after conducting a search of a neighborhood in the community 44 miles east of Sacramento.
Police did not take questions or provide additional information during a press briefing Sunday.
Anyone with information can call Placerville police at 530-642-5210.
- CHP investigates fatal accident on Highway 101 in Redwood City
- Study: Eating a big breakfast burns more calories
- Nine dead in Turkey as 5.7 earthquake strikes western Iran
- Woman killed in San Francisco landslide remember 1 year later
- Oprah stops in San Francisco to talk wellness on 2020 Vision tour