More than 60,000 customers are without power in several rural Northern California counties as heavy rain and snow hit the area, flooding roads and toppling trees.
Paul Moreno, a spokesman with Pacific Gas & Pacific Gas, says 45,000 of their customers are without power in Shasta, Tehama, Butte and Glenn Counties.
Another 16,000 customers of Redding Electric Utility are also without power in Redding. The utility says the storm has caused major damage to their system.
Moreno says crews are working to restore power, which is expected to be back online by later Wednesday.
Kirkwood Mountain Resort spokesman Kevin "Coop" Cooper says the Sierra have been receiving rain and snow since Tuesday. He says strong winds have subsided but they are forecast to return.
- FALLING CONCRETE SHUTS DOWN RICHMOND-SAN RAFAEL BRIDGE
- GAS LINE EXPLOSION SPARKS MASSIVE FIRE IN SAN FRANCISCO
- FDA: DEADLY CANCER LINKED TO BREAST IMPLANTS
- VIDEO: MAN STOPS ON BUSY HWY, SHOOTS SCHOOL BUS DRIVER IN HEAD
- MAN THREW METH-FUELED 'DEATH PARTY' FOR HIS WIFE BEFORE SHE DIED
- Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Baby dies after mom's boyfriend fractures his skull on Valentine's Day
- Shooter in deadly Illinois rampage was not supposed to own a gun, police say
- 4 arrested after police chase in San Francisco
- Over 220-pounds of cocaine seized in Ventura County