SAN FRANCISCO (KRON) – If you’re thinking of giving California the boot and moving out of state, you’re apparently not alone!
A poll conducted by UC Berkeley revealed 52% of 4,527 registered voters said they’ve considered moving out of California (24% said they had given it “serious” thoughts while 28% said they had give it “some” thought).
According to the poll, 71% cited high cost of housing as the main reason, while 58% said high taxes and 46% said they were concerned about California’s political culture.
The poll was conducted online between Sept. 13 and Sept. 18.
Latest News Headlines:
- Rise in gun violence: 11 homicides in Oakland so far this year
- Pacifica yoga studio forced to close for defying health orders
- Community groups host pop-up COVID-19 vaccine clinics in Napa
- Flying Tails: Pandemic impacts air travel for service animals
- ‘Dreamers’ hopeful as Biden administration makes DACA program a top priority