SACRAMENTO, Calif. (KRON) – Governor Gavin Newsom on Friday is scheduled to hold a coronavirus briefing at noon to provide an update on the state’s response to the pandemic.
Newsom earlier this week said California was “turning a corner” and reporting a lower number of new, confirmed coronavirus cases and a downward trend in hospitalization rates.
The number of newly confirmed cases was 5,433. This number shows a significant decrease from the record 12,807 new daily cases reported across the state during the spike last month.
- Oracle Park reopening: Businesses excited to welcome back Giants fans
- Pandemic impact: 8 Goodwill stores to close in Bay Area
- San Francisco schools on track to open in April
- Bay Area doctors react to ballparks, amusement parks reopening with restrictions
- Some Bay Area counties enjoy first weekend back in Red tier