BELLFLOWER, Calif. (AP) — Authorities say the father of a baby girl found dead outside a Los Angeles-area mortuary is a person of interest in her death.
The Sacramento County Sheriff’s Department says it’s seeking Alexander Echeverria of South Sacramento in connection with the death of his 8-month-old daughter.
Officials say the body of Alexia Rose Echeverria was found outside a Bellflower mortuary on Monday morning.
Investigators believe she died in Sacramento and was taken to Southern California.
Authorities didn’t immediately release details about the girl’s death.
The Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department says Echeverria and his daughter were last seen Friday in Bellflower.
Authorities say Echeverria suffers from depression and had made suicidal statements to his family.
Echeverria was driving a gray 2014 Volkswagen Jetta with the California license plate 7FFT866.
For live, local news, download the KRONon app. It lets you watch commercial-free news from the Bay Area’s Local News Station on multiple streaming devices.
- WOMAN SENTENCED TO 17 YEARS FOR RAPE OF 5-MONTH-OLD GIRL
- BILL GIVING CALIFORNIA WORKERS FULL PAY FOR FAMILY LEAVE ADVANCES
- MISSING MAUI HIKER FOUND ALIVE AFTER 16 DAYS IN FOREST
- SMALL TREMORS ALONG WEST COAST COULD LEAD TO ‘BIG ONE’
- VICTIM KILLED IN HAWAII SHARK ATTACK WAS FROM GRANITE BAY