MALIBU – Police arrested a paddle boarder in Malibu Thursday for disobeying a lifeguard who told him to get out of the water near the Malibu Pier.
Beaches in Southern California are closed due to the coronavirus.
After the man refused to exit the water, lifeguards called sheriff’s deputies.
The Lost Hills Sheriff’s Station wrote on Facebook that the individual stayed in the water for 30 to 40 minutes.
When a sheriff’s boat showed up, he finally complied by swimming to shore.
He was arrested, booked, and then released on a promise to appear to face charges.
- Maldives resort hiring ‘Barefoot Bookseller’ to run its island bookshop
- Car injures 2 protesters during BLM demonstration in California
- ‘She is the female Scalia’: Lawmakers react to President Trump picking Amy Coney Barrett to replace RBG
- Demand Justice group buys Amy Coney Barrett’s domain name, site redirects to criticism of her record
- Homicide investigation underway in Berkeley