MALIBU – Police arrested a paddle boarder in Malibu Thursday for disobeying a lifeguard who told him to get out of the water near the Malibu Pier.
Beaches in Southern California are closed due to the coronavirus.
After the man refused to exit the water, lifeguards called sheriff’s deputies.
The Lost Hills Sheriff’s Station wrote on Facebook that the individual stayed in the water for 30 to 40 minutes.
When a sheriff’s boat showed up, he finally complied by swimming to shore.
He was arrested, booked, and then released on a promise to appear to face charges.
- Dolphins beat Broncos 70-20, scoring the most points by an NFL team in a game since 1966
- ‘Expend4bles’ opens with epic flop, ‘Nun 2’ claims top spot at box office
- Taylor Swift attends Chiefs game amid Kelce dating rumors
- Asm. Evan Low on push for expedited decision on former President Trump’s eligibility
- Political Reporter Melanie Mason comments on L.A. Councilman Kevin De Leon’s reelection bid