LOS ANGELES (AP) — The Los Angeles mayor has imposed a curfew for the city’s downtown section. Mayor Eric Garcetti said everyone must be off the streets between 8 p.m. and 5:30 a.m.
Several police cars were torched Saturday as some protesters in the city ignored authorities’ call for peaceful demonstrations after a night of violence that saw windows smashed, stores robbed and fires set.
The mostly peaceful gathering near a popular outdoor mall devolved Saturday afternoon.
Protesters set fire to Los Angeles Police Department cars, broke windows and climbed on top of a bus. Police used flash-bang grenades to disperse protesters.
- Biden, Republicans praise CDC decision to ease mask requirements
- House GOP elects Trump defender Elise Stefanik to No. 3 post
- Mexico’s use of soldiers to stem migrant flow to U.S. will lead to abuse, experts say
- Carole Baskin offers $5,000 reward for missing tiger in Houston
- Fully vaccinated Bill Maher tests positive for COVID-19