SACRAMENTO, Calif. (KRON) — Law enforcement and fire personnel responded to a shooting at Arden Fair Mall, where two people were killed by gunfire during Black Friday.
Shots were reported around 6 p.m. at Arden Fair Mall, and Sacramento police officers found two victims.
The suspect fled the area.
One victim was found dead at the scene and another was critically injured. Officials confirmed Saturday that the other victim died after suffering in the hospital from injuries.
Officials say there is no active threat at this time.
“We are deeply concerned by the increase in gun violence in Sacramento and other cities during the pandemic, and have supported increasing our efforts to reach young people at risk. A gun is never the answer,” Mayor Darrell Steinberg tweeted.
- Monkeypox likely spread by sex at 2 raves in Europe, expert says
- Top Southern Baptists stonewalled sex abuse victims, investigation finds
- Theories emerge on mysterious liver illnesses in kids
- Public camping about to become a felony in Tennessee
- Social media explodes after Wiggins’ dunk over Luka Doncic