SAN FRANCISCO (KRON) – The REAL ID deadline is Oct. 1, 2020.
That means by the deadline of Oct. 1 next year, anyone who does not have a REAL ID or other compliant form of identification such as a U.S. passport will not be able to board a flight.
The REAL ID Act originally passed in 2005.
According to a survey conducted by market research firm Longwoods International, 72% of Americans either do not have a REAL ID-compliant driver’s license or are unsure if they do.
The study also found that more than half of Americans (57%) said they did not know about the upcoming deadline.
Latest News Headlines:
- Two killed in fiery Tesla crash without anyone in the driver’s seat
- NASA’s Mars helicopter makes history-making first flight
- Oakland teen signs pro boxing contract with Mayweather Promotions
- Man killed in head-on collision by apparent drunk driver in Petaluma
- Bay Area Sikh community mourns for victims in Indianapolis FedEx shooting