SAN FRANCISCO (KRON) – The REAL ID deadline is Oct. 1, 2020.
That means by the deadline of Oct. 1 next year, anyone who does not have a REAL ID or other compliant form of identification such as a U.S. passport will not be able to board a flight.
The REAL ID Act originally passed in 2005.
According to a survey conducted by market research firm Longwoods International, 72% of Americans either do not have a REAL ID-compliant driver’s license or are unsure if they do.
The study also found that more than half of Americans (57%) said they did not know about the upcoming deadline.
Latest News Headlines:
- Olive Garden giving 4 free desserts to people born on Feb. 29 to make up for lost birthdays
- MLB appoints 1st black umpire crew chief
- KRON4 Morning Buzz: Coach Kerr on Steph Curry’s return
- YUM! Brands – owner of KFC, Taco Bell, Pizza Hut – to phase out styrofoam packaging by 2022
- East Africa battles worst locust invasion in 25 years