The Sacramento Kings on Tuesday announced its current all-female dance team, the Sacramento Kings Dancers, is going through an evolution of sorts.
The team announced the Kings Dancers will evolve into a gender inclusive hip-hop group called “916 Crew,” which will “perform synchronized, professional routines during Sacramento Kings games using a heavy emphasis on all the elements of hip-hop.”
The Kings Dancers was first created more than 30 years ago.
The Sacramento Kings Street Team will also evolve to include gymnasts, breakers, and performers “focused on engaging and energizing the NBA’s loudest fanbase.”
Auditions will be open in mid-June.
For live, local news, download the KRONon app. It lets you watch commercial-free the Bay Area’s Local News Station on multiple streaming devices.
- MAN ARRESTED IN MOUNTAIN VIEW FOR RAPE OF GIRL HE MET ONLINE
- CONCORD BOWLING ALLEY TARGETED IN ARMED ROBBERY
- FAMILY REMEMBERS FREMONT TEEN KILLED BY SUSPECTED DRUNK DRIVER
- YOUTH CHURCH LEADER ARRESTED IN SARATOGA FOR CHILD PORN
- POSSIBLE WATERFRONT BALLPARK DEAL FOR OAKLAND A’S APPROVED