YOLO COUNTY (KRON) - Evacuations have been ordered for residents on County Road 41 in Yolo County after the Sand Fire started burning on Saturday afternoon, according to Cal Fire.
Crews continue to work the blaze that has grown to 2,220 acres near County Road 41 and Highway 16 in Rumsey.
CAL FIRE reports the fire to have 20 percent containment.
An evacuation center is in place at the Esparto Boy Scout Cabin at 16980 Yolo Avenue.
Officials say Highway 16 continues to be closed from Highway 20 to the town of Brooks.
Multiple agencies are on the scene fighting the blaze, totaling to 500 fire personnel.
Crews say the fire spread quickly due to the hot, dry, windy weather.
The fire grew more than 100 acres overnight with no containment, according to Cal Fire.
PG&E shut off power to approximately 1,600 customers in Napa, Solano and Yolo counties and about 43,000 customers in Butte, Yuba, Nevada, El Dorado and Placer counties in the Sierra foothills.
For live, local news, download the KRONon app. It lets you watch commercial-free news from the Bay Area's Local News Station on multiple streaming devices.
- VIDEO: SUSPECTED 'PEEPING TOM' SEEN AT GIRL'S WINDOW IN CAMPBELL
- BABY DIES AFTER BEING LEFT IN HOT CAR FOR 16 HOURS
- WARRIORS PART-OWNER FINED, BANNED FROM GAMES FOR 1 YEAR
- COUPLE SAYS THEY GOT SICK AT SAME RESORT WHERE 3 AMERICANS DIED
- SHERIFF'S DEPUTY BITTEN BY SNAKE WHILE LOOKING FOR MARIJUANA GROW