TAHOE (KRON) – The latest snowstorm brought fresh powder to the mountains breaking a record.
Squaw Valley is reporting that they received more than 100-inches of total snowfall this year.
Last year, they didn’t reach that much snow until January 6.
In less than two weeks, a total of nine feet fell on Squaw’s upper mountain and eight and a half feet on Alpine Meadows peaks.
Ski resort representatives say Alpine Meadows had five lifts open and Squaw Valley has 12 open on Sunday.
LATEST NEWS HEADLINES:
- Crews Fire in Gilroy grows to 2,000 acres, evacuations remain in effect
- Lawmakers urge studies on how trauma, post-traumatic stress impacts police officers’ use of force
- California woman who made racist remarks in video faces separate charge
- Crews battle fires burning across Bay Area
- San Francisco Giants confirm 2 more individuals test positive for COVID-19