TAHOE (KRON) – The latest snowstorm brought fresh powder to the mountains breaking a record.
Squaw Valley is reporting that they received more than 100-inches of total snowfall this year.
Last year, they didn’t reach that much snow until January 6.
In less than two weeks, a total of nine feet fell on Squaw’s upper mountain and eight and a half feet on Alpine Meadows peaks.
Ski resort representatives say Alpine Meadows had five lifts open and Squaw Valley has 12 open on Sunday.
LATEST NEWS HEADLINES:
- CBP officer quits after admitting to choking motorist at California port of entry
- Trump tries new approach for $1 trillion infrastructure plan
- Source: Lakers waive DeMarcus Cousins
- Dr. Phil gets star on Hollywood Walk of Fame
- Flying Tails: Abused Kuwait cats rescued, brought to Bay Area